Macro-prudential intervention could help to constrain the ‘arms race'-type behaviour often displayed by financial institutions, and should have a positive impact on the financial system as a whole, according to Andrew Haldane, executive director for financial stability at the Bank of England.
Speaking at a meeting of the Institute for New Economic Thinking in Berlin, Haldane, described the quest in the banking sector for ever-greater returns on equity and ever-increasing executive remuneration a
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data