Financial integration and differences in savings behaviour could treble global imbalances by 2040, Andy Haldane, the executive director for financial stability at the Bank of England, said in a speech published Tuesday.
Cross-country GDP convergence was one structural factor which would shape the path of financial integration, Haldane said, noting that the convergence of international income levels is a well established empirical phenomenon. "Accompanying this GDP convergence is likely to be a c
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence