Despite a last-minute deal on August 2 to lift the debt ceiling in the US, investor confidence has been deeply shaken by the indecision shown by the world's leading economy.
Zhou Xiaochuan, governor of the People's Bank of China (PBoC), says he welcomes the passing of the Budget Control Act, and that he believes it "marked effort by the US in raising debt limits and reducing budget deficits in the long run". However, he warns the PBoC "would closely observe its implementation".
"The US treasurie
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence