Central banks are worried about structured credit. That was the stark message coming from a central banker panel discussion on financial stability and structured products at the Global ABS conference in Barcelona today.
David Wall of the Bank of England said there were a number of reasons why structured credit is on the BoE’s radar.
Primarily, the ‘originate and distribute’ model is a cause for concern. “It means there is less attention paid to fundamental credit assessment,” says Wall.
He draws pa
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules