The shock and demoralisation caused by the first run on a British bank in more than 140 years will have far-reaching consequences, although one of the challenges for those conducting the postmortem will be to keep a clear head and act in moderation. The risk is that the authorities will seek answers in tougher regulation when the financial services sector is already groaning under the weight of massive rulebooks.
The affair is both worrying and confusing because it throws up a jumble of different
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data