Banks of all shapes and sizes have been watching the blossoming of the insurance-linked securities market with great interest. Some have chosen to dip their hand into the market directly by investing in specialist funds. Others have elected to provide debt financing for capital markets players.
This year, Barclays went one step further with the launch of CollateralPLUS, an innovative platform that provides reinsurers with access to third-party investment in an underserved section of the market,
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data