Last year's awards were all about the regional banks: armed with strong balance sheets and a network of local connections, the likes of Singapore's DBS and Malaysia's CIMB were taking big chunks of business from their international peers. A combination of concern by Asian corporates over the creditworthiness of their European and US bank counterparties and the latter's need to preserve their balance sheets for home markets had left the door open for nimble local players.
This year has been diffe
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence