Citi cemented its first-mover advantage in the cleared derivatives arena by enhancing its offering to ensure clients receive a tailored service.
Born from a Group of 20 commitment to regulate the derivatives industry and mitigate systemic risk, over-the-counter derivatives clearing started in earnest this year as dealers and buy-side firms in the US were mandated under the Dodd-Frank Act to clear their trades.
Their counterpart institutions in Asia are clearing some trades at international clear
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Deutsche Bank expects early 2018 decision on LCH exit
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab