Although it is a newer entrant in the coal market than some of its rivals, this year’s Coal House of the Year, Deutsche Bank, has played to its strengths at a time of shifting patterns in global markets, using its strong coal derivatives desk and physical capabilities to become a problem solver for coal producers, traders and consumers around the world.
Simon Grenfell, London-based global head of syndication and origination at Deutsche Bank, describes the bank’s coal business as a hybrid. “We’re
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data