The financial crisis had a significant impact on the profile of the risk function within financial services organisations. Yet the role of chief risk officer (CRO) is a relatively new one for insurance companies.
Robin Spencer, London-based chief risk officer of international insurance group Aviva, is seen as a leading figure within the CRO community. Since his appointment last year, he has built a strong risk management function at Aviva and has been an enthusiastic proponent of the risk functi
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data