One of those has been increased interest in the exchange-traded fund (ETF) business on the back of concerns about counterparty risk. "There was a decline in structured products as they are generally issued as notes - many clients decided to take a break, which created a new opportunity in the ETF space," says Christopher Lee, managing director for equity risk management products and head of cross-divisional intermediary business at the bank.
UBS has acted as a derivatives provider both to ETF b
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules