The commodities bull-run may have caused a stampede of institutions to enter or re-enter the base metals markets, but they don't have the long-standing pedigree of Barclays Capital (Barcap). Operating across liquid and illiquid metals markets, the maturity and breadth of Barcap's offering secured it this year's award for House of the Year, Base Metals.
"Barcap has always maintained a very high level of commitment to commodities," says Brian Olson, head of metals at Barclays Capital. "It's a core
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data