Bookrunners: Citigroup, JPMorgan, Merrill Lynch
Vattenfall's EUR1 billion perpetual hybrid deal was a hot favourite among investors and quickly emerged as 2005's euro high-grade corporate bond deal of the year. It is the first-ever perpetual security from a Nordic issuer and achieved the highest equity treatment at the tightest spread ever.
Simon Surtees, head of credit research at Gartmore Asset Management in London, believes the deal had a discernible effect on the market.
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data