The UK life industry has taken a battering in recent years, and the introduction of new risk-based regulatory capital rules has proved challenging for many companies (Risk December 2004, page 50). However, Norwich Union, the UK arm of insurance group Aviva, has managed to stay ahead of the game. For world-leading capital and risk management in its life and pensions business, Norwich Union wins Risk’s first Insurance Company of the Year award.
Although Norwich Union today is a large, complex ent
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence