At the beginning of December, six UK insurers - Aviva, Friends Life, Legal & General, Prudential, Scottish Widows and Standard Life - pledged to invest £25 billion in UK infrastructure over the next five years.
They are not alone. All across Europe, life insurers are eager to increase their exposure to this asset class, attracted by the returns on offer and its potential for matching long-term liabilities. But the class is extremely broad - encompassing everything from airport refinancing to pro
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data