European insurers flocked to the testing debut issuance of European Union (EU)-backed project bonds, confirming the allure of infrastructure projects with reduced risk for the insurance industry.
Together with pension funds, insurers bought 61% of the €1.4 billion-worth of bonds of an underwater gas facility scheme, named Project Castor, in cash-strapped Spain.
Cormac Murphy, responsible for the project bond initiative at the European Investment Bank (EIB), says insurers' strong interest exceede
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data