Lapse risk is notoriously hard to predict because so many variables influence how policyholders behave, and also because they often behave irrationally. But Solvency II is forcing insurers to pay attention to the danger of policyholders surrendering their policies en masse. And the consequence has been an increasing interest in farming out the risk to the reinsurance market.
"We have seen an increased focus from clients wanting to come and chat about lapse risks specifically," says Nardeep Sangh
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Deutsche Bank expects early 2018 decision on LCH exit
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab