Swiss Re accepts that it will be named a global systemically important reinsurer (G-Sii) and will not contest the designation, according to Philippe Brahin, Zurich-based managing director. The reinsurer is in a strong position to meet additional requirements for systemically important firms, he says, in an interview with Risk.net.
Asked if Swiss Re will be contesting designation by the Financial Stability Board (FSB) as a G-Sii, Brahin, who is head of group qualitative risk management, says: "We
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data