UK insurers need to improve their internal models to accurately capture the impact of management actions on their with-profits funds, says consultancy Towers Watson.
In a survey of 24 insurers, managing a total of 48 with-profits funds, Towers Watson found that 58% did not allow for a modelled projection of risk appetite metrics and resulting management actions in their internal models because of technical limitations. Only 25% projected these at all using stochastic or proxy techniques. The surv
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Deutsche Bank expects early 2018 decision on LCH exit
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab