Insurers will continue to invest in increasingly specialised asset classes as they seek to diversify and generate yield, according to Eric Viet, head of financial institution advisory at Societe Generale, who spoke to Risk.net at the Insurance Risk Awards in London on November 13.
"I expect some insurance companies to venture into other types of lending, such as asset-based financing, aircraft, maybe even shipping at some point," Viet said. Low interest rates are forcing insurers to diversify aw
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules