The designation of global systemically important reinsurers by the Financial Stability Board (FSB) has been delayed.
In the summer of 2013, the FSB indicated it would release a list of reinsurers in July 2014. This will now be postponed to November.
Nine primary insurance firms were designated global systemically important insurers (G-Siis) on July 18, 2013. The FSB is scheduled to produce an updated list of primary G-Siis in November 2014, which would coincide with the new date for publication
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data