This time last year, many European insurers were scaling back their Solvency II programmes, as the tortuous political negotiations in Europe threatened to delay – or possibly even derail – the new regime.
Fast-forward a year and the situation today could not be more different. With an agreement reached on the draft text of the Omnibus II directive, the Solvency II project looks to be back on track. And insurers have not just been rebooting their programmes, they are entering a race against the c
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data