Regulators are weighing up imposing a capital backstop on international insurers other than the nine designated systemically important (G-Siis).
The International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) will decide as early as 2014 whether to extend coverage of the so-called basic capital requirement (BCR), it revealed in a consultation paper published this week.
The BCR is intended to provide a foundation for higher loss absorbency (HLA) requirements for G-Sii, the capital add-on to be impo
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules