Traditionally, hedge funds have been established in the offshore centres of Bermuda, British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands due to the historical US roots of the hedge fund industry and their proximity to the US, although Jersey and Guernsey are beginning to offer an alternative choice of fund location.
Notwithstanding the more recent trends for regulatory change to facilitate onshore hedge funds and hedge fund of funds in Europe, for example in Italy, Germany, Ireland, France and Switzerl
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules