The next financial crisis will stem from pension funds that take on risk to make up for shortfalls in their funding positions, according to Guan Seng Khoo, head of enterprise risk management at Alberta Investment Management Corporation.
Khoo, former senior director of risk management at Singapore's sovereign wealth fund, Temasek, was speaking at the Asia Risk Transition Management forum in Hong Kong last week. He said unregulated pension funds pose significant systemic risks as they struggle to
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules