A damning report by ratings agency Fitch has called for greater guidance, transparency and consistency into the application of Market Consistent Embedded Value (MCEV) principles while claiming continued prevarication over the standards is harming the European life insurance industry.
The report, titled Embedded Value: Valuable, But More Consistency Needed, claimed that “rather than improving matters, MCEV seems to have worsened the situation” as “frequent changes” to Embedded Value (EV) reportin
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Deutsche Bank expects early 2018 decision on LCH exit
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab