For Nick Greenwood, pension manager for the £1 billion Royal County of Berkshire Pension Fund, the decision to hedge out 43% of its liabilities through a longevity swap was the culmination of a serious focus on liability management by the fund. “When I joined two-and-a-half years ago, the fund had a very traditional asset allocation and liability risk was never mentioned at board meetings. We’re now looking at the risks on the liability side more than the investment side,” he says.
And this is n
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules