The £1.2 billion Royal County of Berkshire pension fund has reached an agreement to hedge out a portion of its longevity risk according to Nick Greenwood, pension fund manager for the scheme.
In an exclusive interview with Life & Pensions, Greenwood said Berkshire has agreed pricing for an uncollateralised longevity hedge – subject to accepting terms and conditions – which will cover the 10,400 members in payment, or around 43% of its liabilities. He says there are no remaining barriers to the d
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data