Economic theory suggests that increased competition has two main benefits for consumers - falling prices and greater innovation - and the UK's bulk purchase annuity sector's move from a duopoly to a market containing over a dozen members has been a case in point.
The past 18 months have seen a slew of innovative ideas - partial buyouts, syndication of large deals and longevity hedges to give just three examples - but Paternoster's decision to become scheme sponsor and assume all the data risk for
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data