Hedge fund investors are positioning for a summer of macro uncertainties as central bankers signal an end to ultra-stimulative monetary policy in developed markets.
News of the US Federal Reserve’s intention to end its second round of quantitative easing (QE2) on schedule in June, confirmed by chairman Ben Bernanke, sparked a major sell-off in stocks, commodities and other risk assets.
Renewed concerns over sovereign debt problems in the European Union’s eurozone members, weaker than expected econ
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules