Ask Larry Hite how he became the most successful commodity trader of his generation and he will say it is because he always expected to fail.
In his early years Hite stumbled in almost every endeavour before finding his calling as a trader and money manager.
As a young man growing up in Brooklyn, he struggled in the classroom and was not much of an athlete. After college he tried his hand as an actor, screenwriter and rock promoter before eventually drifting into the world of investments.
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data