Not every institutional investor can claim to have had a profound impact on the evolution of the hedge fund industry. Arguably, USS Investment Management, the investment arm of the Universities Superannuation Scheme, is one.
USS is the second-largest pension scheme in the UK, with assets of more than $42 billion. The majority of assets are managed in-house by USS Investment Management, a wholly owned subsidiary of USS.
Just over five years ago, USS Investment Management embarked on a crusade to pu
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules