The three main ways by which UK investors typically invest in alternative investment funds are by direct dealing with the private fund, via a UK intermediary, or by investing in a listed investment company.
UK investors are not prohibited from investing in offshore vehicles. They may research fund opportunities themselves or they may, subject to restrictions or financial promotion and regulated activities, be contacted by such funds or their investment managers.
The use of a UK intermediary wh
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules