According to Port commodities are an asset class that is not correlated to the markets. This alone makes them worthy of consideration, he says.
Three main reasons are driving higher allocations to commodities: thematic investing; inflation hedging; and a need for diversification. For thematic investing Portf sees strong demand for commodities even now from the emerging economies and most particularly from China.
That country is mid-way through its hyper-growth phase, similar to the Japanese expe
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data