The price of providing principal guaranteed products is falling as the investment banks supplying the guarantee structures behind them become increasingly comfortable with the existence of this asset class.
Charlie Tritton, head of alternative investments at New Star Asset Management, said it was 'not the natural business historically of investment banking conglomerates to guarantee hedge funds and some still see protected products as a new business carrying risk. But they have become much more c
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules