Many hedge fund practitioners may have missed the significance of the announcement by pension consultants Watson Wyatt which they released to the press on 27 March.
If so, it was indeed a pity, as it was a catalyst that may well completely revolutionise the way in which institutional investors in the UK and elsewhere view the whole area of so-called alternative investments in general.
Briefly, what Watson Wyatt said was that, henceforth, they would be advising all their defined contributions c
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence