Funds of hedge funds (FoHFs) account for 28.25% of the hedge fund industry's asset base (figure 2) compared with year-end 2008 assets under management (AUM) of about half all hedge fund assets. Since then, the ratio of FoHF AUM to hedge fund AUM has risen in only one quarter – Q3 2014. Cumulatively, the fund of hedge funds industry has experienced net investor redemptions of -$382.67 billion since the end of 2008.
Total FoHF assets under management stood at $841.57 billion at the end of Q1 2016.
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Deutsche Bank expects early 2018 decision on LCH exit
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab