Activism continues to be used as a tool – either defensive or offensive – by certain hedge funds where investments have been deployed in layers of the capital structure other than equity.
Active ‘loan to own' strategies continue to be used by those funds that have positioned themselves to take advantage of opportunities as they arise. Most funds look to turn around and trade positions at higher values but do not actively, nor are they set up to, man
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules