It feels like a scene out of Steven Spielberg’s film Minority Report.
Alex Lurye, head of global portfolio construction and risk at Citadel, stands before a curved wall fitted with 36 large touch screens that stretch from floor to ceiling, deftly moving panels of data around with his fingers.
A handful of risk managers sit in pods arranged in a semicircle behind him, fiddling with even more touch screens embedded in their desks.
This futuristic scene plays out in Citadel’s risk centre in its headqu
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data