Commodity trading advisers (CTAs) are mired in a 24-month long drawdown – a performance slump that follows a two-year period in which the industry's total assets surged more than 50% to around $330 billion.
It is no surprise then that investors are asking whether the recent performance woes are tied to the sudden jump in assets.
A paper from Newedge's prime brokerage division, ‘Capacity of the managed futures industry', wrestles with this very question.
For the study the authors assume the entir
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data