It sounds like the start of a bad joke. What do planetary science, extragalactic astrophysics, actuarial science and financial mathematics have in common? The answer is Winton Capital Management, founded by David Harding in 1997.
From a rather humble beginning in a small office in Kensington and $2 million under management, under Harding’s leadership Winton has grown to be one of the largest and most successful investment managers in the world with nearly $26 billion of assets under management.
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data