HSBC wants to carve out a niche for itself in the increasingly crowded US prime brokerage market by playing to its strengths in emerging markets, according to Paul Busby, its head of prime finance sales in America.
The bank aims to capture business from US hedge funds that are moving into the rapidly growing emerging markets of Asia, Latin America and the Middle East. This is where the bank has its strongest clearing and execution capabilities.
"We're not looking to compete with the big US prime
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules