For Tonio Fenech, Malta’s minister of finance, economy and investment, hedge funds are “clearly one of the important and growing sectors” of financial services. Since 2004 when the island state jointed the EU, financial services have become a key component of economic expansion.
The hedge fund industry and alternatives in general has found a strong advocate in Fenech, who is keen to ensure appropriate legislation that encourages the industry rather than stifles it.
Appointed as finance minister f
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data