There still exists some "clear confusion" in the industry over what constitutes 'absolute-return' strategies and vehicles, and how these differ from hedge funds, according to Marc Gordon, founder and managing director of Close Fund Management.
Speaking at the Fund Forum conference in Monte Carlo in July, Gordon was not alone among experts in noting the paucity of uniformity over definitions.
Mark Lyttleton, fund manager at Merrill Lynch Investment Managers, for example, said he had seen some p
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules