Rapid growth in the hedge fund market has created an unstable investment environment, said Paul Harvey, managing director of London-based asset managers, GLG Multi-Manager Investments.
Market conditions have become increasingly challenging, he told the Hedge Funds For Pension Funds Conference in Amsterdam.
There is a growing perception that hedge funds are beginning to dominate the market and some strategies have become overcrowded, he said. Managers are moving beyond their core competencies beca
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules