Financial planners across the United States are being targeted as the next frontier for the hedge fund industry. With the total number of planners and brokerage reps reaching close to 250,000, it is difficult to argue against the choice of savvy marketing efforts to try and make use of this relatively untapped distribution channel. Advisers, after all, represent the most direct path to an eager base of freshly minted millionaires.
One obvious snag, however, is the advisers themselves. Many of the
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules