Barclays and Liberty Ermitage have each launched gold-based products to capitalise on investors' fears about future returns from equity markets and poor returns in bonds and cash.
Barclays plans to back up its latest launch with more commodity and currency products during 2003.
The Liberty Ermitage Gold & Resources Fund, launched with about $15m invests in gold and precious metal shares and in specialist funds. It takes the form of an open-ended Bermuda registered fund listed in Ireland, charging
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data