In our role as counsel to various European hedge fund promoters, one issue we often come across is the reluctance of a significant number of European-promoted hedge funds to accept US investors into their funds for fear of subjecting themselves to US regulation, reporting and compliance.
Among the issues of concern are registration obligations with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and/or the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), US tax accounting and reporting, and compliance w
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules