Demonised and misunderstood by a wide range of people, including politicans, the hedge fund community has taken a great deal of abuse in 2008 and 2009. Blamed for the financial crisis, manipulating markets and using shorting to destroy the banking system, all that was left was to blame swine flu on the industry and the hate factor would have leapt even higher.
The industry, however, is not taking the abuse lying down. The ‘secretive’ funds are standing up to defend an industry they believe adds v
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data