Deutsche Asset Management has launched a stock-picking European hedge fund with between 50 and 60 equity positions, split roughly equally in number between long and short.
Julian Barrell and Katrina Mitchell, both DAM long-only managers, will run the DB European Opportunities Fund, aiming to select liquid, cheap shares with strong company fundamentals for long positions and liquid shares with the opposite characteristics for shorts.
The broadly market neutral portfolio will have some flexibility t
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data